Monday, February 18, 2008

I ♥ You Christmas Party

Saturday night we participated in the second annual "I ♥ You Christmas" celebration. Yes, I realize that this is mid-February. Let me explain:

I ♥ You Christmas (pronounced "I love you Christmas") was created back in 2007 when a group of single student missionaries in Norway who couldn't spend their Christmas together decided to boycott the traditional Valentines Day celebrations and create their own hybrid holiday - I ♥ You Christmas.

This year, Todd and Eva were crowned the king and queen of I ♥ You Christmas and we all got to help create the new traditions for I ♥ You Christmas. We exchanged gifts, enjoyed good food, made themed cookies, created new icons/symbols for I ♥ You Christmas, etc... It was all somewhat silly of course, but lots of fun.