Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Traveling Lite


In preparation for our upcoming trip which I mentioned in the previous post, we have planned out everything possible to avoid having to tote around excess bulk or weight. Both of us will be traveling with only one carry-on bag each which will make maneuvering the airports, buses & trains a whole lot easier! Not only does my bag have wheels & a telescoping handle, it also has backpack straps. .:)

Along with the one-carry-on-each rule we also decided to leave our laptops at home (excess bulk & weight not to mention expensive if they break or get stolen). But since we are both somewhat dependent on email and needed some method of saving all of our digital pictures I decided to get a relatively cheep EeePc computer.

I also got a few extra USB peripherals like a flash card reader, GPS antenna & external hard drive (since this EeePC only comes with 2GB of internal RAM). I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be able to find a GPS program or maps that will work where we're going...

Anyway, I hope that we'll be able to post daily accounts of our trip so check back regularly this next week just in case.

~E