Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

This weekend was an eventful one (at least for me). I agreed to help out with the worship music at our church again -- I've played 3 of the past 4 weekends... Anyway, after church I ate lunch with Todd at Taco Roc and then enjoyed a nice nap at home. That evening we hung out with Jay & Christina and his family, eating snacks and playing games late into the night.

Then, Sunday morning Todd and I decided to go for a morning bike ride at Booker T. Washington State Park, just a few minutes down the road. The trail is about 6 miles long and winds through the woods around the edge of Chicamauga Lake. This was our second time on this trail (click here to read about the first time). There are some pretty decent hills to climb and some nice down-hill sections with banked corners which were quite fun. Here's a map of the trail. When we got back to the car we were both dripping with sweat!

After dropping Todd off back at his house, I came home and mowed the front lawn and weeded our flower beds before finally taking a refreshing shower.

Also today I checked in on the Cayabyab cats (I'm cat-sitting for the weekend), fixed myself a lunch, and painted a second coat on the walls & door.

....so all in all, it was a rather eventful day/weekend.

See more cell phone photos of the weekend here