Friday, July 25, 2008

The Living Room Project (part 2)

So while Jane11 is off exploring the jungles of Peru, Er!c is busy working on the new living room project... .Hmmm. . Anyway, one week down & one more to go!

This week I started putting up the crown molding which turned out to be more of a challenge than I had originally thought. After making a few wrong cuts, I finally figured out how to make the compounded 45 degree cuts with my handy dandy miter saw. I also added three decorative corner blocks to kick things up a notch.

I also cut and nailed up the door trim for the new French doors. After of that was in place I painted a base coat of "bright white" on the doors & trim along with a coat of beige on the walls. Now there is definite contrast between the walls and the trim/ceiling (see the before photos).

Anyway, the house is still a bit of a wreck, but I'm happy with how the progress is going! I still have to continue the crown molding through the kitchen and along the last wall of the living room. Then one more coat of paint on the walls & trim and I can start putting the furniture back in place! Woohoo!!!
~~~

For more current and up-to-the-minute photos you can check out our new JanEr!c Album at Phanfare.com where we can post photos directly from our camera phones! Pretty sweet!